L³ Thursdays: Link-Loves and Life #5

August 1, 2013 · 28 comments in Cookies,Ice Cream,L³ Thursdays,Uncategorized

Mallorca 006-13

Mallorca 014-16 Mallorca 017-17

Life

Sooo quite a lot of things

- I went to Mallorca for a week. This girl got herself a taaaan and ate loads of ice cream and peaches and cherries. It was a treat yoself week.

- As I’ve posted recipes instead of link love posts for like 2 weeks now, I’ve been waiting to say that I was featured in the Teen Bloggers Article in Foodiecrush Magazine! I made these crazy ass chocolate + vanilla marble cookies sandwiched with a MALTED VANILLA BROWN BUTTER GELATO.

*Chhst* Public Service Announcement: There has been a spillage of AWESOME in the TWC ice cream isle *Chhst*

Chocolate + Vanilla Marble Cookies sandwiched with Malted Vanilla Browned Butter Gelato // Top With Cinnamon for Foodiecrush Chocolate + Vanilla Marble Cookies sandwiched with Malted Vanilla Browned Butter Gelato // Top With Cinnamon for Foodiecrush Chocolate + Vanilla Marble Cookies sandwiched with Malted Vanilla Browned Butter Gelato // Top With Cinnamon for Foodiecrush

- aaaand I also did some more photography for Buzzfeed!

- If you subscribe via some way that lets you see my whole blog layout, then you may have noticed I did a tiiiny bit of a revamp on TWC. I added some buttons to the side bar (they’re not very fancy, it was like 5 mins in photoshop :/ )

- I’m finally going to be posting that Angel food Cake you may have seen me talk about on various social media (about a month ago. woahh. Okay, sorry for that!) soon, and a reaallly really quick savoury lunch dealie (although I’m naht too crazy about the photos. Dull lighting, why you maka me cry???)

- and hollly schmoly, the Kitchn named me as one of The Top 15 Food instagrams accounts to follow. Excuse me for a second (*doesn’t* go do 1-person Mexican wave…) What, who ever said anything about Mexican wave?? who even is that?..

Link-Loves

- I want to stand around all day and talk about these Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Chickpeas.You have got to be crazy town to not want those.

- Billy made cheddar jalapeño bread. and crouton-ified it. It makes me feel like this.

- These Tomato, Goats Cheese and Basil Pesto tarts are SO GORGEOUS and easy! Heather, how do you make such beautiful food!?!

-Tracy layered up popcorn with toasted coconut flakes. It’s like a parfait, but crunchy and COCONUTTY (i.e. 314% better) . That popcorn, I just… (and my mum subscribes to Shutterbean too, and I knew she’d opened the post because I heard her, FROM UPSTAIRS, going “AHH COCONUT POPCORN”)

-Megan, Megan, Megan, could you put any more things into a sentence that I’d like to make all at once? Ice cream, brownies, cookies and crafts. I’m so there.

- and then there’s Ashley’s Coconut stuffed ice cream. Pretty dreamy stuff. Okay. Well I think we’re seeing a pattern here. Obviously layering coconut flakes into food is where it’s at, and I am all for it. #5ever.

Marta @ What Should I eat for breakfast today August 1, 2013 at 10:59 pm

What is it on a third picture? Yogurt or dessert?

Izy August 1, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Yogurt! of course :) with museli and apricot jam.
I can’t survive without yogurt and museli.

Marta @ What Should I eat for breakfast today August 2, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Looks yummy :)

Haley @ Cupcakes and Sunshine August 1, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Those croissants look to die for! beautiful pictures!

Izy August 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm

there was so much melted chocolate inside of them. They were insaaane.
Thank you!!

Belinda @themoonblushbaker August 2, 2013 at 12:14 am

Wow congratz on being featured in foodie crush. You have such talent for photography not wonder they all love you.
Thank goodness for DIY and megan has the best stuff. Ice cream containers got nothing on these babies.

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm

thanks Belinda :) )))
IKR!? they’re awesooome

Sarah | The Sugar Hit August 2, 2013 at 2:52 am

Duuuuude. The ice cream sandwiches? Please.

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I knowwww too much goodness

Billy August 2, 2013 at 3:20 am

I LOVE IT. ALL OF IT. That reaction to my croutons is exactly what I feel every time I look at one of your posts ;)

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I am glad you liked the photo. My mum was reading the post and getting so confused by all of my reaction photos from tumblr :/

Brad Gelfond August 2, 2013 at 5:17 am

Hi – the crazy ass chocolate + vanilla marble cookies sandwiched with a MALTED VANILLA BROWN BUTTER GELATO LOOK AMAZING!!!!

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:52 pm

THANKS BRAD! :D

Sophie August 2, 2013 at 12:53 pm

la la la la looooooove your photos!! Congrats on all your snazzy mentions!!

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:53 pm

thanks girlie! <3

Ashley August 2, 2013 at 2:22 pm

GIRLfriend. Stop it with these cookies. Seriously out of control. You are tremendously talented and continue to blow me away. Huge congrats on Foodiecrush. The issue was amazing and loved seeing + reading more about you in it. The egg dinner photos were great, too. You’re killin’ it! Thanks for including me on your list. xo

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:54 pm

thank you thank you Ashley! :)
and it was my pleasure!!! As soon as I saw ‘coconut’ in the title of that recipe, you had my heart.

Maria August 2, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Congrats on all the kudos! So very well deserved! Those ice cream sandwiches.. oh my goodness.

Izy August 5, 2013 at 10:54 pm

thanks Maria! :)

Megan August 2, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Thanks for the love! And these cookies look like a dream!

Anthea L August 2, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Oh my goodness those ice cream sandwiches looks devilishly gooey-good.
Came across your instagram and facebook and I’d just like to let you know that I’m absolutely in love with your blog, your recipes and your enticing food pics. They all work as a magic combo.
On top of that, I’m super excited to know that you live in London. I’ve lived in Sydney for 4 years and I’m relocating to London in September. Maybe I’ll see you around!
And keep up with the good work – you’re an amazing food blogger xo

A
xx

Alice August 4, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Um WOW those cookies look oh-my-god-ridiculously good. Seriously. Congraulations on all the awesome things that have been going on for you lately! And you’ve got yourself a new follower here :) xx

Jessica Joseph August 5, 2013 at 5:55 am

Your photos are absolutely STUNNING. And those cookies look absolutely delicious. Keep blogging!
Congratulations on all you have accomplished, you truly deserve it and your hard work and passion truly shows through.

carey August 5, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Holy crap, those ice cream cookie sandwiches. WHAT. Congrats on the FoodieCrush Mag feature AND The Kitchn instagram shoutout!!! So deserved. =D

Those brown sugar chickpeas are so ridiculous. I love discovering things by accident. They’re like healthy candy to me, which is the best kind of candy, because then I can eat ALL THE “CANDY.” Thanks for the shoutout! (: Also, I can’t wait for the angel food cake post!!

Aaaaand, I already replied on my blog, but I will repeat myself now: OMG MKIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izy August 10, 2013 at 5:20 pm

heheh thanks Carey!
Ahh, yes angel food cake coming soon (it has strawberries on top of it. that’s how long ago i made it :/ )

YES OMG OMG OMG :D

Mallory August 6, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Holy where have these cookies been all my life? They just look so homey and inviting!