Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

August 10, 2013 · 28 comments in Breakfast,Snacks

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

SNEAK ATTACK POST! (erm, don’t get your hopes up too much, its a very short post)

heheh

Look at this. Look how much effort I put into that text on the title photo? Eh? Eh? (I don’t think I’ve put text onto a photo in a while..)

And also, 2 recipes in one week.

Probably something to do with the fact that I’m just photographing ALL THE FOOD because I got a new camera!!!!!!!!!!!

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

Some people may be interested to know my camera history:

I had a canon ixus point + shoot when I started, then moved to my first DSLR, the Canon 400D in January 2011. Last year in November (I think) I upgraded slightly to the Canon Rebel T2i (aka 550D).

and now

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

I just fully went for it and blasted all the way to a freaking 5D mark III.

It is a monster, and makes the most beautiful shutter sound evar (I am not joking. I love the shutter noise. Stop with the judge-y eyes). I’ve used it for 3 shoots so far and I keep being amazed at the sharpness and detail in the images.

Sorry, I’m way too excited about it. I’m making up for being annoying with food name alliteration though.

Peaches, pecans. Parfait!

..Brown sugar (?). (yeh, just ignore that slight anomaly).

It was my breakfast. Pre-yoga breakfast – that’s why there’s like zero food there, and as I said

new camera excitement + pretty food + I still had my background set up = me having an impromptu photo sesh at 6am.

I’m addicted to eating peaches with vanilla-honey Greek yogurt. It’s like eating peaches and vanilla ice cream, but acceptable to shove at my face in the morning! Hurrah!

Btw, this is pretty much a non-recipe (more of a flavour pairing suggestion) because it’s literally the simplest thing in the world to make, so I haven’t included specific measurements.

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait
1 peach, washed, sliced then cubed
small handful of pecans, broken into small pieces
Greek yogurt
honey
vanilla bean paste
a generous pinch of dark brown sugar

Stir together the Greek yogurt with honey and vanilla bean paste, to taste.

In a small glass, layer some of the cubed peaches with some of the brown sugar and pecans. Top with the yogurt, then repeat the layering of peaches, pecans and brown sugar.

Samina | The Cupcake Confession August 10, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Congrats on your new camera!!!! Needless to say the pics are gonna be even more AWESOME now! :)

BTW, this parfait is perfect!!! something you can actually make that early in the morning! Whew! breakfast issues solved! :D

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 10, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Yay for two posts! This sounds soooo good! Lovely idea for fresh peaches…and quick!

Belinda @themoonblushbaker August 10, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Quick breakfast ideas are always needed, especially ones with peaches. I hope you post soon with pics from your new camera! They will be more artistic than ever.

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts August 10, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Your photography is just so perfect …. I love it!

Sophie @ The Spotty Teapot August 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Ooh I love getting a new camera. About three weeks ago I upgraded from a bridge camera to a DSLR camera, and I love it. I completely agree about the shutter noise, there’s something satisfying about it clicking away :) .
And this parfait looks delicious, such a perfect breakfast :)
x

Amy August 10, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Yes! that shutter noise is one of my favorite sounds.. :)
and these photos look so delicious.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) August 10, 2013 at 3:57 pm

That is seriously one stunning parfait!!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) August 10, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Ok, your photos were already amazing, so they are just going to become more awesome. I can live with this :) Congrats on the new camera! I am SO envious.

Sophie August 10, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Yum! this sounds delisssssh! Just last week, I started stirring in honey with my greek yogurt in the morning and eating it with sliced bananas, almonds, and a dash of cinnamon. It’s to die for. And it tastes like dessert for breakfast! Lerrrrv.

Karin August 10, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Aha! So that’s what you were doing at 6AM! It was clearly worth it cause you rocked that yoga class!

Alexandra @ Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker August 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Yay for layering parfaits! These sound delish! :) Okay, so I’m also a little envious of your new camera. I want to here more! I’m using the t2i right now too. What lens do you shoot with mostly?

Marta@What should I eat for breakfast today August 10, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Congrats on a new camera :) I want to see all the amazing delicious pictures.

Gina August 11, 2013 at 12:13 am

Congrats on the camera- I dream of that one. It’s one awesome workhorse.

Martyna August 11, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I love the photos, the parfait looks perfect! xx

Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

Elizabeth August 11, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I hear what you’re saying about the shutter sound-I visit Best Buy just to push the shutter button (You said no judging, right?!)

Alice August 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm

This sounds absolutely delicious! I’m very likely to be eating this tomorrow. xx

Sarah | The Sugar Hit August 12, 2013 at 4:33 am

Your photos are so freaking great, I don’t care if you just want to do “flavour combos” for the rest of forever. They always look face-crammingly good.

Jana August 12, 2013 at 12:26 pm

ha, i thought i was the only one who gets exicted on shutter sounds :D recently a friend of mine let me shoot with his father’s eos 7d and i was totally stunned – usually i’m shooting with my 550d, so it was a huge difference…
happy photographing!

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper August 12, 2013 at 4:31 pm

This looks delicious! I can think of several fruit pairings that would go well too. Thanks!

Todd @ HonestlyYUM August 12, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I always love a good sneak attack post :P

Izy August 15, 2013 at 11:52 pm

well who wouldn’t! :D

carey August 14, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssss. !! I did no job work for two days after I got my camera. The shutter sound is the best. And isn’t it crazy how crisp and detailed everything is with the full frame? And the MKIII especially, whoawhoawhoa. Not gonna lie, I’m already getting the upgrade itch…. Gah!

I’ve been on a crazy-yogurt-things-for-dessert kick, and this is pretty much exactly what I want, especially since I’ve started getting kind of obsessed with peaches. I think I might actually be getting over the stone fruit texture thing. Woop!

Magda August 14, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I’m so happy for you! I understand how excited you must be because recently I got my very first (!!) DSLR, I used a point-and-shoot for way too long, and I’m walking on air. I can’t believe the difference it makes, and I too love the shutter sound :)
Enjoy your new camera, have fun and do share every food you eat. We love it!

Deirdre August 23, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Love this summery breakfast number. I recently fell in love with roasted peaches for breakfast too. I love when delicious fruit is in season!

Deirdre @ http://thekitschcook.blogspot.ie/

Rochelle Hutchinson August 26, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Mann I wish I had a new camera. Cha I wish I hand a camera in general :(
I love peaches. Have you tried doughnut peaches they are sooo delicious and juicy!
I recently made some peach melba parfaits.