Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

SNEAK ATTACK POST! (erm, don’t get your hopes up too much, its a very short post)

heheh

Look at this. Look how much effort I put into that text on the title photo? Eh? Eh? (I don’t think I’ve put text onto a photo in a while..)

And also, 2 recipes in one week.

Probably something to do with the fact that I’m just photographing ALL THE FOOD because I got a new camera!!!!!!!!!!!

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

Some people may be interested to know my camera history:

I had a canon ixus point + shoot when I started, then moved to my first DSLR, the Canon 400D in January 2011. Last year in November (I think) I upgraded slightly to the Canon Rebel T2i (aka 550D).

and now

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

I just fully went for it and blasted all the way to a freaking 5D mark III.

It is a monster, and makes the most beautiful shutter sound evar (I am not joking. I love the shutter noise. Stop with the judge-y eyes). I’ve used it for 3 shoots so far and I keep being amazed at the sharpness and detail in the images.

Sorry, I’m way too excited about it. I’m making up for being annoying with food name alliteration though.

Peaches, pecans. Parfait!

..Brown sugar (?). (yeh, just ignore that slight anomaly).

It was my breakfast. Pre-yoga breakfast – that’s why there’s like zero food there, and as I said

new camera excitement + pretty food + I still had my background set up = me having an impromptu photo sesh at 6am.

I’m addicted to eating peaches with vanilla-honey Greek yogurt. It’s like eating peaches and vanilla ice cream, but acceptable to shove at my face in the morning! Hurrah!

Btw, this is pretty much a non-recipe (more of a flavour pairing suggestion) because it’s literally the simplest thing in the world to make, so I haven’t included specific measurements.

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait

Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait
1 peach, washed, sliced then cubed
small handful of pecans, broken into small pieces
Greek yogurt
honey
vanilla bean paste
a generous pinch of dark brown sugar

Stir together the Greek yogurt with honey and vanilla bean paste, to taste.

In a small glass, layer some of the cubed peaches with some of the brown sugar and pecans. Top with the yogurt, then repeat the layering of peaches, pecans and brown sugar.

Comments

Ooh I love getting a new camera. About three weeks ago I upgraded from a bridge camera to a DSLR camera, and I love it. I completely agree about the shutter noise, there’s something satisfying about it clicking away :).
    And this parfait looks delicious, such a perfect breakfast :)
    x

Yum! this sounds delisssssh! Just last week, I started stirring in honey with my greek yogurt in the morning and eating it with sliced bananas, almonds, and a dash of cinnamon. It’s to die for. And it tastes like dessert for breakfast! Lerrrrv.

ha, i thought i was the only one who gets exicted on shutter sounds 😀 recently a friend of mine let me shoot with his father’s eos 7d and i was totally stunned – usually i’m shooting with my 550d, so it was a huge difference…
    happy photographing!

Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssss. !! I did no job work for two days after I got my camera. The shutter sound is the best. And isn’t it crazy how crisp and detailed everything is with the full frame? And the MKIII especially, whoawhoawhoa. Not gonna lie, I’m already getting the upgrade itch…. Gah!

I’ve been on a crazy-yogurt-things-for-dessert kick, and this is pretty much exactly what I want, especially since I’ve started getting kind of obsessed with peaches. I think I might actually be getting over the stone fruit texture thing. Woop!

I’m so happy for you! I understand how excited you must be because recently I got my very first (!!) DSLR, I used a point-and-shoot for way too long, and I’m walking on air. I can’t believe the difference it makes, and I too love the shutter sound :)
    Enjoy your new camera, have fun and do share every food you eat. We love it!

Mann I wish I had a new camera. Cha I wish I hand a camera in general :(
    I love peaches. Have you tried doughnut peaches they are sooo delicious and juicy!
    I recently made some peach melba parfaits.

Trackbacks