How to Make Hot Cocoa Mix

Hot Cocoa 1

Hey Friends: I’ve got a recipe for Hot Cocoa mix up on the Small Batch Column of Food52!

(there’s bittersweet chocolate and coconut milk powder involved – so so so so good.)

Click on over to find (and save or print) the recipe.

In other news

- I was interviewed for Food & Wine magazine’s website in their ‘blogger spotlight’ column!!!! (so cool) You can check it here! :)

- I’m in the running for the Homies in the ‘Best Blog from Abroad’ category on The Kitchn -so thanks to whoever nominated me and whoever has voted as well! If you wanna vote for me too then the link is here and I will send you internet hugs ;)

- Dana and John released a digital 31 Meals Cookbook!! It’s utterly gorgeous and a go-to source for me when I just have no idea what to have for supper. (p.s. my fave is the Kale falafel recipe – it’s mega healthy and really filling). Those two are always bringing out such stellar resources for food bloggers! Too awesome.

-Stephanie is writing an eCookbok about quick breads and muffins which is basically my dream come true. I am crazy for loaf/ muffin shaped food. Excitinggg!!

Hot Chocolate 216

I’m on half term this week buuut have managed to reserve no time for bloggy goodness so far which is why this recipe/not recipe post is a thing that has happened! But I *should* be back here this weekend with a real post ;)

Comments

Your hot cocoa looks so delicious and rich. I’d love to make some right now, but unfortunately I already have a cupboard crammed full with the stuff! Definitely one to bookmark though!

LOL! “I’m not going to lieβ€”it’s mainly because I do really like cake.” <–Um, my sentiments exactly. You're a star! I loved your interview + your hot chocolate post + I am excited for your next real recipe post + how are your photos always so PERFECT?! Love.

ahaha I was trying to be as honest as possible ;) glad I’m not the only one!
      thanks so much friendy! haha well you don’t get to see all the fail/out of focus/super dark photos that I hide away

awwww congrats on the Food & Wine feature and the nomination lady!! (Guess who’s heading over there right now to vote?) Also, this winter is kicking my butt, so yay for hot cocoa mixes! And Small Batch! Love that column.

4. Laura says

Where in the world did you get powdered coconut milk? This looks amazeballs! As a local gal myself, would be great to know where you got this sweet sounding nectar from???

You can buy it online, in Asian food stores around North End Road and in the ‘world foods’ aisle of supermarkets (like Tesco has it). I buy the Maggi brand – it’s a yellow box
      It’s amazing!

Excuse the copy & paste job going on here haha:

Again, copy & pasting from above ;)

Congratulations on all the awards and all the exciting news!
    And thanks for the heads up on the cocoa recipe – I’m a big cocoa fan so very excited about this one :)

Just wanted to let you know (if you didn’t already) that this recipe is posted on Yahoo right now! I recognized the wooden table, and when I checked out the article they got it from the Food52.com post. Congrats on all the exciting stuff happening for you right now!

7. JB says

Along with Mia, I was coming to tell you I saw this on Yahoo and immediately recognized your beautiful photographs. Aren’t you just all kinds of awesome? ;)

mmmm hot cocoa! It’s never going to stop being cold in the UK, genuinely think making a jar and carrying it around as a handbag essential is the only way to survive until the sun ever wants to come out again! Congrats on the awards, how exciting! :)

Trackbacks