Artisanal Toast and THE BIGGEST NEWS {meteor sized news}…

Toast 008-2

I have two staple breakfast/ after school food ‘things’ – either yogurt and museli (sounds boring but it’s super customisable) or TOOOOAST.

There’s always a loaf of sunflower seed bread (this one, specifically) in the fridge. It makes the BEST straight up buttered toast. Actually life changing. It’s also got the seeds in it and some bran so I don’t end up crashing by 11 am.

I’m not the boring toast type. I’m the customiser, the layer-er (as I’ve said more than a few times before). the toast queen, basically. I’ve had this post sitting in my drafts for like 4 months and now, 27 revisions later, I’ve found out that fancy toast is like THE trend thing of 2014 (erm…I can totally see why. I would go to a toast bar. Give me moar toast. Give me all the toast) so thought it would be the right time to post it.

I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite combos for your t(o)asty pleasure.

Yep, toast recipes…

Untitled2

In case you missed that (my face is pretty hard to spot. I’m basically an expert at Photoshop / look like Eva Longoria, duh)

AUTUMN 2014, HOLLAAAAAAAAA

(You literally do not know how long I’ve been waiting to use that photo set for this exact purpose)

Okay so my heart is beating kind of fast right now.

Yes, it is officially official. 100%, 10/10, I’m hyperventilating happening.

I’ve been writing (and styling and photographing and…cooking..) a cookbook.

Since AUGUST. Holy crap it’s been hard to keep it on the dl.

aaaand now you know why my posting has been slow, the kitchen has looked like this during the weekends lately:

069

Actually, this is a relatively low level of mess compared to what it usually looks like when I’m in the kitchen.

Look at that spreadsheet on the iPad. Aww yeah. I have become a document organising pro now. Evernote and Dropbox are my life.

I’ll be doing a little post with some more info at some point – but in the mean time BIG LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL OF YOU; your support from comments, tweets, likes and just READING Top With Cinnamon means so much to me and is basically the reason why I have this amazing opportunity. It hasn’t really hit me properly yet, I keep doing that thing of thinking about it and then I can’t breathe for one thousand years and then I forget again.

Now lets toast to all of YOU awesome people (AHAHA. I do love a good pun as you well know.)

The French Toast: Pecan butter + Maple Syrup + Cinnamon + Maldon

The French Toast: Pecan butter + Maple Syrup + Cinnamon + Maldon

The Macaroon: Coconut butter / almond butter + Honey + Desiccated Coconut

Toast 016-2

(I do use plates occasionally… :/ )

The ‘That Whole Foods Bread’*: Almond butter + Honey + Cinnamon + Pecans + Dried Cranberries

The 'That Whole Foods Bread'*: Almond butter + Honey + Cinnamon + Pecans + Dried Cranberries

The Dessert: Nutella + Maldon (or raspberry jam)

toast 003

The Dessert: Nutella + Raspberry Jam

The Classic: Peanut butter + Honey + Banana

The Classic: Peanut butter + Honey + Banana

The Doughnut: Salted Butter + Cinnamon + White Sugar + Grated Nutmeg

The Doughnut: Salted Butter + Cinnamon + White Sugar + Grated Nutmeg

The Almond Croissant: Almond butter + Almond Extract + Flaked Almonds + Powdered Sugar

(mix almond butter and extract, spread on toast. Layer on almonds and dust with sugar)

*this is referring to my favourite loaf of bread from Whole Foods that I only rarely buy – sourdough cranberry-pecan bread. Ughhhhh, too good.

p.s. there is a *real* post coming this Thursday. It involves a 6 layer cake. And chocolate among other things, cos guess what guys? I’m turning mo’ fo-in 18 years old on the 13th. Yeah.

Comments

I have been waiting for this post!!! Not the toast part…well, that is fabulous, too, but the BOOK! Huuuge congrats to you, Izy. This is such an exciting time and SUCH a ginormous accomplishment for an almost mo’ fo-in 18yr old. So well deserved and amazing. Enjoy this time and the madness of when your book actually comes out. It’s going to be a HIT. Hugs + high fives to you! xoxo p.s. I truly hope you made AND ate ALL of that toast in the same day. :)

ahaha, I know! it took me a while to find the right time to post it and it just happened! Thank you times a million Ashley, you’re the best!! Hugs and high fives back! (I wish I had but I did it in three batches because I felt like such a TOAST MONSTER after eating 3 slices in a space of half an hour haha) xx

Holy sh*&!! Izy you are so freaking impressive. And I always forget that you are WHAT not even 18?!?!? Major, major props. You are awesome and I can’t wait to see/buy your book!!!!!

Congratulations Izy, I have no doubts your book is going to look amazing!! And early happy birthday (I knew you were talented, but I had not idea you were so young!) :)

4. Kate says

This is amazing news! Maybe it’s because it’s Monday, I might be being really dim but . . . is this a recipe for toast plus a cookbook announcement, or is the cookbook going to be things on toast?!

CONGRATS :) that is amazing! I can’t wait for the book to come out because I will DEFINITELY be buying a copy. I have been following your blog for a while not because the food is AMAZING (I have tried a couple recipes) but stylistically your photos are gorgeous and the entire site design is so pretty. Keep up the good work! I am so excited for you! :)

OMG! Congratulation! I can’t wait to buy your cookbook :) It’s amazing! I’m very happy for you, you deserve it!
    Those toasts recipes look good, I’ll try them!
    Much love, Virginie

COOKBOOK! OH MY LORD!!!! IZY!! WHOA!!! Congratulations girl! Your kick-ass work has finally payed off. I’m so happy for you, I can’t even stand it! I would totally make you a ginormous cake and hug you in a totally-not-awkward way right now if I could. {Hopefully May!} Love this post on toast combos. You’re feeding my ever-growing obsession, oh no.

8. Travis says

Congratulations on the cookbook! Very exciting! An early happy birthday to you! And thanks for the toast ideas. I love toast! :)

9. erin says

oh my wooord, so first off congrats on the cookbook I am pumped for it to come out! also, we are only two days apart…I’ll be 18 on the 15th! whoop whoop

10. Elizabeth says

I’m thrilled for you!!!! Book Tour USA!!!!! Come visit Los Angeles. Beautiful weather and delicious food eating opportunities!!

OMFGIZYCONGRAAAAAATTTSHURRAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE, holy $*#&, I’m so excited. 😀 I can’t wait to hear more!!! (Also, I was totally thinking the other day, “I’m pretty sure Izy’s birthday is soon.” It’s nice to know that I still have some sense of time/reality! Woooo EIGHTEEEN!)

P.S. I think that almond croissant toast is the most beautiful toast that ever was. Totally the preferred snack of heavenly angels.

AHHHHHHHHHHH
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      Thanks so much Carey!!!!! Holy %*&# is basically how I’m feeling right now!! So excited to share more info :)
      Wow you’re god at remembering – I’m hopeless at knowing birthdays!

heheh it’s all the powdered sugar makin it look dreamy!

x

Izy, congrats!!! That is seriously awesome news, but I’m not surprised at all. You are one talented lady (soon to be woman, hahahah, don’t worry, 18’s awesome) and I am so excited for you! Will you sign my copy?? :)

Izy, I am beyond excited for you and also in awe of you! You are the only blogger I know that is closest in age to me. I just turned 20 and have been doing this (food blogging) for a little over a year now and wishing I would have started when I was 16. I love it!

Anyway you are so inspiring and I cannot wait to get your book in my hands. Congrats!

Oh and toast rules.

Ahh thanks so much Tieghan!! i can’t believe you’ve only been at it for a year!? you’re like TOTALLY PRO :O

Same to you girl! thanks again :)

CONGRATULATIONS OMG IZY SO PROUD GAHH I LOVE YOUR BLOG SO EXCITED FOR YOUR BOOK. I AM HYPERVENTILATING! YOU’RE AMAZING!

ps. the toast looks amazing!

Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to order it! I think your photography is simply amazing and at just 18!! Bravo! Such a big fan & So happy for you!!

xoxo

Channing

Congratulations!! I just read your incredible chocolate cake post and clicked back to this one. This is so exciting!!! I can’t wait to see it. If your blog is ANY indication, it’s going to be beautiful and scrumptious! Now to go make some almond croissant toast (for the lazies!).

Stopping by your blog for the first time. And I’ve spent the last half hour on here! CONGRATULATIONSS! That’s amazing news. Always always happy to see somebody’s dream come true (assuming that’s one of your dreams, haven’t been following you long enough :p)

Trackbacks