Frozen Mango & Apple Daiquiris

May 23, 2014 · 43 comments in Drinks

Frozen Mango & Apple Daiquiris

Wow it has been a whiiile.

Kinda disappeared off the face of the (internet) world for about a month and a half there… 6 weeks, four plane journeys plus 11 exams later and I’m back! Finally, phew.

I know this is pretty late now but you may have seen that I went to Las Vegas (hence the rando plane journeys) for Saveur’s Best Food Blog Awards. It was incredible to get to meet so many food bloggers at once – I know that food brings people together but was made even more aware of how easy it was to already feel like everyone was a friend during my short time there. After hearing Molly yell out “IZYYYY!” about two seconds after I’d awkwardly set foot into the first event I could tell it would be a good couple of days (there were waffles, mid-morning chocolates and dim sum, and me being coerced by Cynthia, Molly and Stephanie to attempt an American accent) . Only minor downside was that although I just became legally allowed to drink here in the UK, being under 21 in Nevada does not a legal-drinker make.

I’m making up for it this week though both in this post and in real life ;)

That’s not the most major thing that happened during the last few weeks though cos guess what!?

I’VE FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL!! Literally today was the last time I’ll ever make that trek up to the third floor of the science building to go to chemistry, or walk through the courtyard or sit in the dining room. It’s kind of weird to leave a place I’ve spent the majority of the past 7 years of my life at. Of course we had our Sixth Form Leaver’s Ball last night, so the ‘goodbye’ wasn’t so abrupt – complete with selfies with teachers, S-Club 7 dancing and a dolphin-shaped ice sculpture/vodka luge (..don’t ask).

Frozen Mango & Apple Daiquiris

Given all the circumstances I think that a(nother) cocktail recipe is pretty appropriate, right? And these frozen mango & apple daqs are just SOSOSOSO perfect for the boiling hot (okay it’s 23 C..but that’s hot for the UK, man) and double up as a dessert due to the fact that they’re basically boozy mango sorbet. Of course the rum is easy to just leave out if you’re feeling the virgin cocktail vibe instead.

Frozen Mango & Apple Daiquiris

Ahhh I’ve missed this space! Glad to be back.

So yeah, Cliffs Notes version: I’ve finished school: Let’s drink, cheers!

Frozen Mango & Apple Daiquiris

Frozen Mango, Apple & Rum Daiquiris

Serving Size: 2 cocktails

One, medium, ripe mango, peeled, and roughly chopped
1/3 cup (80 ml) water
1/3 cup (80 ml) cloudy pressed apple juice
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
2 oz (60 ml) ( golden or white rum (I used golden)
Start prep a few hours in advance as you have to freeze the mixture.

In a food processor blend together the chopped mango, water, apple juice, lime juice and half of the lime zest (reserve the rest for garnish) until smooth. Taste the mixture - if it isn't sweet enough add the agave and blend again until combined.

Pour the mixture into an empty ice cube tray and freeze until solid (at least 5-6 hours).

When you're ready to make the cocktails - place the frozen mango purée cubes into a blender with the rum and blitz until smooth and creamy. Pour into two glasses and serve (garnished with the reserved lime zest, if you want).

Abby @ The Frosted Vegan June 24, 2014 at 5:14 pm

OMG. First of all, congrats and second of all, S CLUB 7 4 LIFE. I almost pooped my pants I was so excited you mentioned them, they were my fav growing up.

Laura June 24, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Congratulations for finishing secondary school, Izy!! I already did so I know the feeling of… ahn.. freedom. LOL
one question: would substitute the rum for anything else? just curious

Medha @ Whisk & Shout June 24, 2014 at 6:19 pm

CONGRATS girl! I’m still in (american) high school, with a year left, so I am positively green with envy over here. These look so so amazing, mango is everything. Glad you’re back :)

Todd June 24, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Congrats Izy!! I remember that feeling like it was yesterday – let’s pretend it was. Love the look of this libation – especially the addition of the apple. I’ve been telling people for years, apple and rum, apple and rum, ya’ll!! Yay!

J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats June 24, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Congrats! You are such a baby, I can’t believe you have this beautiful blog and are only in high school (or just done with high school I suppose). I found this blog a while ago and have been eagerly (…creepily?) waiting for a new post and glad to see you’re back :)

Billy June 24, 2014 at 6:54 pm

YES!! Congrats on being done with school and making me an entire batch of these to devouurrrr.

Matt Robinson June 24, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Love the flavors in this drink, so perfect for summer!

Tieghan June 24, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Congratulations for finishing secondary school!!! These are surely a must!! I mean, come on. To freaking good and pretty! I love your plate too! :) Have fun celebrating this week!

Katie @ Produce on Parade June 24, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Congratulations on your graduation! I hope you had a wonderful trip to Las Vegas. I’m not a drinkin’ gal…but these look ammmmazing!!

tom June 24, 2014 at 7:33 pm

congratulations and welcome back! your site is at the top of my bookmarks and i was wondering where you might be. glad to know it was vegas. you have an incredible eye for color and composition. you may think of yourself as a student, but i think of you as a teacher. thanks for the inspiration. cheers.

Hamza June 24, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Thank you so much for this RECIPES Miaaaammm :) Check my SNICKERS

cynthia June 24, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Yay yay YAY and HUGE congrats for finishing, Izy!!! These daiquiris look like the perfect way to celebrate. I’m also still so happy I got to meet you and experience your loveliness in person (you are a million times more composed than I ever was when I was typing “Today is the last day I’ll ever go to Chemistry,” just…btw) and so excited for this upcoming year for you!!! It’s going to be a great one, I just know it.

P.S. Thank you for being OK with us freaking out over your American accent. ;)

Kezia June 24, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Congrats on finishing school! It must be a great feeling, and it’s great to have you back blogging. These look immense, so summery and delicious!

Cindy June 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Congrats on finishing school and all those exams!! Drinks are definitely a must and these look incredibly refreshing.

Katherine June 24, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Love that you’ve turned 18 and are posting cocktail recipes!! More to look forward to from you!

Anne June 25, 2014 at 12:56 am

Oh my goodness!! I was so excited to see this post (considering you haven’t been here for a while…)
Congrats on finishing secondary school!!!
The daquiris sounds delightful!!! Love all the colors.

Sarah | The Sugar Hit June 25, 2014 at 1:51 am

You just finished school, you’re super talented, you got a sweet trip to Vegas, and you have a book deal. So yeah, have a daiquiri OR TEN! You’re crushing it! (also, I will join you for a daiquiri)

Meg June 25, 2014 at 5:02 am

Love it! Mango is the best. Enjoy!

Samina | The Cupcake Confession June 25, 2014 at 5:49 am

Yay for finishing school!!!!!!!! I just got done with graduation so I know what you must be feeling! :D Happy that it’s over but nostalgic at the same time! No worries! These daiquiris are the perfect way to celebrate a new journey WOOHHOOO!!! CONGRATULATIONSSSSS on winning! <3 Can't wait for your book to be out now!

Millie l Add A Little June 25, 2014 at 8:25 am

We are seriously having a heat wave in London atm – I don’t care what anyone says. IM MELTING!! These look awesome too!!

Laura June 25, 2014 at 10:28 am

So young and so talented! I love all your posts, congratulations :)

Kate June 25, 2014 at 11:29 am

Congrats Izy!!!! Deffo deserve a cocktail or ten I’d say! AND 11 EXAMS?! This new all exams at the end of the year thing is SO stupid – so glad I finished in 2012!! These mango and apple daiquiris look divine, I may have to replace vodka and coke pre drinks with these bad boys!

Kate @ Veggie Desserts June 25, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Congrats on finishing school. Congrats on the award. And congrats for attempting an American accent in America in front of Americans without being drunk :) Welcome back.

Bec {Daisy and the Fox} June 25, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Welcome back Izy! :)
and woooooo congrats on finishing school!!
what better way to celebrate than with this Daquiris – mmmmm mango and apple goodness :)
looking forward to all your future posts!

Bec {Daisy and the Fox}

Our Food Stories June 25, 2014 at 2:27 pm

sounds great!! congratulations & cheers <3 !

Kathryn June 25, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Woohoo for finishing school!! Here’s to a summer of fun and cocktails to celebrate!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar June 25, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Happy to hear you’re back!! LOVE this!

erika June 25, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Lolol okay so I am sad that I did not get to hear you put on an American accent. (Because btw I am IN LOOVE your with accent…ugh it just sounds so sophisticated to me.)

In other news, CONGRATS ON FINISHING SCHOOL! I am so excited for this coming year to see what you do/make/share with us :) )) Aaaand I want these. I imbibed quite a bit of lemon rum this past weekend but WHAT IS GOLDEN RUM?! #intrigued

Sabrina - A Spoonful of photography June 25, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Oh, my – it’s hard to believe how happy I felt as I saw this post popping up in my feedly – yay to a new recipe/post!!

That got me super excited and the fact that it’s a great drink/dessert thing with mango makes it even better! As I’m currently graduating as well (like you’ve written, a crazy feeling – but huuuuge congrats to you!!) I think it’s appropriate to bring on a drink or two! ;-) so thanks for this great inspiration and once again congratulations on the food blog award! Seemed like you’ve had such a nice time on instagram! :)

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts June 25, 2014 at 9:25 pm

congratulations on finishing school! these drinks look like the perfect delicious way to celebrate!

Malorie June 25, 2014 at 10:57 pm

These will be perfect for my weekend in Palm Springs. I might use a seasonal alternative for the apples. Thanks!

stephanie June 25, 2014 at 10:58 pm

hip hip!! big congrats izy!! it’s time to drink ALL the drinks! bottoms up! :D

laurasmess June 26, 2014 at 5:14 am

Oh my gosh! Well done Izy! Yay! All of the good things!
Haha… I always thought it was funny that American drinking age is higher than that of the UK and Australia (where I live). Oh well. Maybe Brits and Aussies are… uh… more responsible at a younger age? Yeah whatever!
Love this cocktail recipe. Gorgeous styling! xx

Dana June 26, 2014 at 10:25 am

Wow! this mango looks very tasty, great recipe!

Skye June 26, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Massive hip hip hurrah for finishing school! Yay! Definitely calls for a yummy cocktail…or two… Xx

Angel Reyes June 26, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Congrats on finishing school! Plus, those daqs look AMAZING!

trisha June 27, 2014 at 12:29 pm

congratulations izzy!!! Enjoy your summer – these look delicious! x

Sini | my blue&white kitchen June 27, 2014 at 4:17 pm

YAY! So much to celebrate. Congrats, Izy! Can’t wait to hear where your jorney will lead you now that you’ve finished school (no pressure, though!). These daiquiris look fabulous! The perfect way to say goodbye to an old and to welcome a new chapter in your life. Cheers!

Lindsay June 29, 2014 at 5:57 pm

thank you for this great recipe! I’m always looking for new mango recipes and this one looks great for the summer!

Renee (will frolic for food) June 30, 2014 at 11:49 pm

congrats on finishing school! what an accomplishment and a relief it is to have all of that work-well-done under your belt.

and this drink. oh, oh yes. it is good. i’m gonna go buy some mangos and rum now, soooo right on.

Katie Matthews July 9, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Now we’re talking darling. This recipe is right up my street and in my belly!

Cheers ;)

Katie <3

Rachel July 13, 2014 at 9:17 am

Loved this post, and all the congratulation! (We need to catch up soon!)

Also, sorry this congrats is coming rather late, only just getting through my Bloglovin’ from while I was on holiday! xx