Strawberry, Peaches and Cream Popsicles with Amaretti

June 29, 2014 · 37 comments in Ice Cream

Strawberry, Peaches and Cream Popsicles with Amaretti

If you’ve been reading TWC for a year now, you’ll have witnessed the super green popsicles I made for the 2013 popsicle week – aka the best food week of the year. Billy of Wit & Vinegar is the genius behind the popsicle week idea so make sure you head on over to his site where you can check all the other popsicles that people have been making for the past 7 days alll over the internet.

Of course I’ve had one heck of a full week because when you spend a month indoors staring at biology notes it makes you tiny bit stir-crazy. So trust that I stirred that crazy up this week and now, finally on Sunday I’m able to share my popsicle creation for 2014.

Strawberry, Peaches and Cream Popsicles with Amaretti

So I also maybe only realised today that in the US, a new week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday whereas here in the UK it’s a Monday-Sunday affair (I don’t really get it – kind of like Fahrenheit and inches which I’m only accustomed to using in cooking situations. Whenever I’m in the US and someone’s like ‘and it was 40 degrees!’ I’m thinking: is that really cold? is that not so cold?…then I end up having to Google it because unless you’re saying 35o F to me, I have no clue man). Weird huh? but hey ho cultural differences make the world a more interesting place and it’s still popsicle week in my casa – it is 11.50 pm right now so only for 10 more minutes – but we can ignore that.

These pops are kind of a world away from last years’ as they’ve got full on luscious double cream going on in there but there’s still fruit! It also wouldn’t matter if you chose to replace the cream with more yogurt because I knooow it’s bikini season or whatev and I’m also going to be posting cake or possibly pie next week, so some healthier treats are probably a good shout…

Strawberry, Peaches and Cream Popsicles with Amaretti

Strawberry, Peaches and Cream Popsicles with Amaretti
3 or 4 peaches, quartered + pitted
10 strawberries, hulled
1/2 cup (125 ml) double cream (heavy cream)
2/3 cup (160 ml) plain, low fat yogurt
1 tbsp honey
5 amaretti cookies, roughly crushed

Blend together the peaches, strawberries, cream and yogurt in a blender until smooth.

Place about a tablespoon of the crushed amaretti cookies into each well of the popsicle mold. Divide the peach mixture between the wells of the popsicle mold. Freeze for about an hour then push in the popsicle sticks. Freeze for a minimum of 5 hours until solid.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar June 30, 2014 at 12:29 am

All the popsicle recipes I’ve seen so far are so impressive! This flavour in particular sounds soooo good. Love the amaretti addition!

DessertForTwo June 30, 2014 at 12:31 am

Bring on the double cream! :)

So, does this mean people go to work on Sundays? Just curious…

Izy July 3, 2014 at 6:48 pm

hahah nah people still take Sunday off ;)

PassTheKnife June 30, 2014 at 2:01 am

Oh man these look good! I bet the amaretti add an amazing crunch to the creamy pop.

Abby @ The Frosted Vegan June 30, 2014 at 2:05 am

All the fruit business is making me swoon but add those amaretti? AW HELL YEAH

Rebecca June 30, 2014 at 3:41 am

LOVE the look of those peaches! and popsicles! And as for a new week starting on Sunday here in the US, I think it’s sort of a personal thing–I’ve ALWAYS believed it starts on Monday, and think a lot of people feel the same, but I’ve also had debates with a fair number of people that believe otherwise. :)

Anne June 30, 2014 at 4:14 am

Those look AMAZING!! I love the flavor combo!
The US way of measuring things really gets me too… I mean 12 inches in a foot? Who in the world came up with that? And 5280 feet in a mile? That’s just crazy! And don’t even mention temps. Uggg… This winter the Fahrenheit went below the Celsius just to make me more confused…

Belinda@themoonblushbaker June 30, 2014 at 4:26 am

I am all for more cream in Popsicle; I can never say no to one even when it is freezing. SO stunning and I love the colours!

Do not get me started about the conversion system. I use the metric system too; so the US metric has me all kind of stress. Even worse when you forget the recipe is in US system…

Medha @ Whisk & Shout June 30, 2014 at 4:40 am

Love the amaretti cookies as well as the super summery strawberry and peaches combination! These photographs are beautiful too :)

Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine June 30, 2014 at 5:21 am

These look gooood. Popsicles have been screaming my name this summer!

Millie | Add A Little June 30, 2014 at 7:33 am

Love the summery peach and strawberry combo – perfect for summer!
Also, beautiful styling as usual!

Jenny June 30, 2014 at 9:05 am

These look insanely good!! I can’t wait to try them in the summer! xx

Natasha June 30, 2014 at 10:28 am

Oh my gosh I want one of these right nowwww. They look lovely!

Sanda June 30, 2014 at 10:33 am

Looks so good!!!

Bec {Daisy and the Fox} June 30, 2014 at 11:50 am

these look fannnnntastic!!
what a delish combo of cream and strawberries and peach, plus amaretti – pure genius :)
it’s winter over here, but still, i’m tempted to whip up these frozen treats
thanks for the recipe!

Bec {Daisy and the Fox}

Leah Davis June 30, 2014 at 12:19 pm

This flavor combination sounds awesome! Love peaches and cream – so the idea of some strawberries mixed in sounds divine.

Sabrina - A Spoonful of Photography June 30, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I love popsicles, I love amarettini and I love strawberries and peaches (oh, and cream of course – I’ll take all the cream! Who needs a bikini anyway, as we have another rainy european summer in the moment…). I have to admit it I’m still in post-graduation celebration mode and my social life seems to be kickstarted :O Too many people to catch up with! But hey, maybe I find some time to try these and then share them while catching up – I think I might have still kept a little of the necessary exam-term efficiency ;-) . Thanks for sharing!

Maryea {happy healthy mama} June 30, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Everything here just works. Well done!

Valeria June 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I am married to an American so you can imagine the cultural differences, but you are right, it makes it all so fun and new and fresh! Like these popsicles – peaches and amaretti is such a beautiful, classic combination! I actually tried something similar myself once, w/o strawberries and with just cream (http://www.mylifelovefood.com/2013/08/peach-amaretto-pops.html) and I am very tempted to make the most of British strawberries (yeah Wimbledon!) with yours. They look just stunning!

Angel Reyes June 30, 2014 at 4:48 pm

This looks really beautiful, refreshing and nutritious! I love it.

Matt Robinson June 30, 2014 at 8:47 pm

These look amazing, love everything about them!

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts June 30, 2014 at 9:35 pm

wow, so beautiful!! love these!

Cindy June 30, 2014 at 10:04 pm

few things are better than summer fruit and cream! and, I a nuts for amaretti. These are so pretty, Izzy!

Kristan@the-broken-bread July 1, 2014 at 2:27 am

You had me at amaretti!

Indre @ cupcakesnmiracles July 1, 2014 at 8:14 am

These looks amazing. I really have to buy some popsicles forms.

Eliza July 1, 2014 at 10:31 am

Handmade strawberry ice creams looks really tasty. Fantastic. Eliza

Maryna Krasnozhon July 1, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Izy, hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a long time. And I just wanna say THANK YOU for all the inspiration you give. I really admire everything you do.) It is such a pleasure to read your posts, they are so ALIVE! And what is more, I was encourage by your example and thanks to you decided to create my own blog. So, THANKS one more time)

Lyns T // Eeyore likes Cupcakes July 2, 2014 at 11:55 am

These look so refreshing and the ameretti in them oh my goodness ! Such a good combination. Anything with amaretti and I am sold! L x

Todd July 2, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Absolutely stunning, Izy … cookies + popsicles = todd is happy :)

Alexandra @ Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker July 2, 2014 at 11:18 pm

I have to admit that I’m really like 100% NOT a popsicle fan, but I saw these and they look and sound amazing. Love love love that you added some cream for creaminess (who would have guessed?! haha) and the amaretti cookies on the bottom are genius!

Gemma July 2, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Gorgeous popsicles! =) Loving the combination of flavours, they give such a gorgeous color to the popsicles.
Funny that you mentioned the difference between the US and Europe regarding the days of the week and temperature, weigh units difference. The thing that confuses me the most is the Fahrenheit/Celsius difference, hehe. :-p

xox

Amanda - A Cookie Named Desire July 3, 2014 at 3:17 pm

These look so good! And there is definitely enough fruit in here to make it healthy enough to me to eat two! The differences with the weeks and metric conversions is a pain. It took me forever to learn it when I was in the UK and now that I am back in the US, I still find myself looking for the metric unites to use !

Irene @ {a swoonful of sugar} July 4, 2014 at 12:53 am

Super easy looking but impressive sounding flavours! Very Izy like :D

Kim July 20, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Amateur popsicle maker here. Should I peel the peaches first for this recipe?

Izy July 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm

(Me too ;) ) nope! Just remove the stones and leave the skins on, unless your blender has serious problems handling them in which case you can always strain the mixture after blending if you’re not happy!

Elena, The Healthy Veggie July 21, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Wow! This looks AMAZING! I love Amaretti (I’m Italian after all), but I never thought of mixing them in popsicles. Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing!